Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Sawmill Creek Social Services (SCSS) Centre. In order to best match your skills and interests with the volunteer opportunities available at the SCSS, you will be asked to:
- View our volunteer opportunities to see if something interests you.
- Complete the volunteer application form (online version/print version)
- Attend an interview with the Volunteer Services Coordinator.
Provide a copy of a police records check.
- Participate in the SCSS Guiding Values Training.
- Participate in training and orientation specific to your volunteer position.
- The SCSS complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07.
As mandated by legislation, all staff and volunteers are required to complete training on accessible customer services.
Please complete the AODA Training prior to your second meeting with the Volunteer Services Coordinator and bring the completed Confirmation of AODA Training Form and AODA Training Module or email both to email@example.com.