AMA & SCSS worked alongside the United Muslim Organizations of Ottawa-Gatineau to help anyone in need of assistance. A team of over 300 volunteers mobilized to provide support to our community members who are ill, self-quarantined, and/or senior citizens.
Here are the latest updates on the relief work as of May 13:
- The relief effort spans the entire region of Ottawa-Gatineau to help citizens from all cultures and faiths
- Most of the effort has been focused on ordering food for families, packing it into boxes and delivering the food kits to families across the city
- Over 1,630 families have been supported with food kits, assistance with purchasing groceries or hygiene products, or speaking with a counsellor to cope with isolation & loneliness
- The team donated 8,000 gloves to the Ottawa Hospital
- The team has worked with a number of partners such as United Way, coordinating to help the Ottawa Food Bank and Volunteer Ottawa
- The team received media coverage from CBC and CTV
We are grateful for the overwhelming support from our volunteers and partners that are helping the cause. To follow along with the latest relief updates you can check out the Facebook page.